What is this all about?!



Hello,
So I've been considering publishing a food blog for a very long time. Those who know me know that I love cooking, and I love sharing my food (and hate cooking for myself alone!).
So what is this about? Food, cooking and things around. I'm a Palestinian, and my mother is the best cook in the world (Really. I know we all think our mothers are the best cooks in the world, but mom is, for real). I cook Palestinian food often, mostly my interpretation of it. And sometimes I cook other things, Italian and whatever I feel like.
I don't really do recipes, not in the strict sense of it. When mom gives me a recipe it's usually vague anyway. When it's a new thing or I have an idea, I shop around on-line, see what people do, access what I like and eventually do whatever I feel like would work. Mostly, it comes out good, at least according to my very enthusiastic husband (and in fact, it's good enough for him to marry me, as he proves the saying "the way to a man's heart goes through his stomach”). I like experimenting with new things, and I'm grateful my audience has been an enthusiast to try it all.
What do I use? I try to use all fresh, as often organic as possible food. Meats are always organic, preferably cage free. My spices are a key ingredient (my secret one), the mix includes allspice, black pepper, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. Nutmeg and cumin are added to many dishes. Fresh Basil, mint and parsley often come into play. If you live in NY, Sahadis (http://www.sahadis.com/) and Damascus Bakery (http://www.damascusbakery.com/history.cfm) are great places to get much of the ingredients I use. And if you're already there, you can get the rest at Trader Joe's!
That's all for now. Soon, I will post about my first culinary post!
Best,
Leena


Comments

  1. Yaaaay! This is a fantastic idea, Leena. I think it will be really cool to take pictures of what you make and get a little extra inspiration for cooking and trying new things. And this way I can take a little peep into your kitchen, too. :)
    Big hugs,
    Asma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten to enjoy your wonderful cooking on several occasions (thank you!). Looking forward to your posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for comments! I don't know why it shows unknown instead of names!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite dish. It was hyperyummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment